Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Friday, December 28, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Resolution - a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to dosomething.
I don't normally make resolutions. The thought of them has always plagued me with worry. I stress about the littlest things when it comes to committing to change. I've come up with a plan for myself .. I changed my idea of what my resolutions should be. I'm not sure I can really explain my thoughts or reasons for the change ... but for me, they don't overwhelm me & flow in to changes I feel are important.
1) Spend more time with my Heavenly Father. By this I don't mean reading the Word more (all though that's in the plans too) or praying ... I mean ... just sitting with Him, calm and still ... quietly admiring His creations. "Be still and know that I am God" comes to mind.
2) No more buying from corporate bullies who move their jobs to different countries. If it's not made in America, I don't need it!!! In my hunt for gifts and items for myself or household, I will be looking to my friends who have home businesses. I believe in you, your product & want to do everything I can to help you succeed! (So, if you have a blog, website etc showing your products or services, plesase send it to me)
3) Making healthier choices - not just with food, but in friends, acquaintances, committing to do things etc. I want my body healthy in the New Year but also my mind & soul..
4) "Stir up the gift of God which is in you" ... a beautiful piece I won in a GiveAway. I will strive to spend more time doing just that. I will spend more time feeding the creativity that God placed deep in my heart. I will write, sing, paint ... and take photos. I use the gifts he hjas given me to teach my children to use their gifts. I look forward to a creative year!
5) Take time to recognize the blessings & gifts in my life ... every day. It may not come as a FB post or even a word spoken outloud ... but I will be thankful!
6) Stop second guessing myself ... when I have a gut feeling to not go forward with something or someone, I need to stop talking myself out of it. That instinct is there for a reason!
7) Health - yep, you knew it was coming. This is a priority for me. I have been doing good on my journey to lose weight ... but I know I can (and should) do more. My goal is not weight loss (though that is a perk) ... it's to be healthy ... eat healthy, get the proper amount of sleep, have a strong immune system etc. I get in a good routine & then stumble. I want the stumbling to happen less & less this year!
Posted by The Beauty at 1:46 AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I feel hopeful again. This city and all it's drama tend to suck the life out of people. I hate drama. Don't get me wrong ... I will face drama head on if it finds me ... but I don't go around creating it. We are about to embark on our dreams and where we'll be is peaceful (as peaceful as it can be with a houseful of children & music blasting) and drama free. We will have either severed or extremely limited contact with those who cause or are constantly involved in drama. I just don't need it. WE just don't need it.
The light comes in the form of our new home .... on our land. We move soon & can't wait to wake & fall asleep to the sounds of nature. Dreams are being built right now ... in our home, in our hearts & in our minds as we plan our next steps.
Posted by The Beauty at 1:30 PM
Monday, September 5, 2011
Art found HERE
Battles are brutal ... every wound comes with questions ... and the answers can be quite haunting, especially when you find them in what's not being said. The battle as well as the aftermath change your life forever.
So many tears ... spilled silently ... while you're watching me ... yet you don't see even one of them slip down my face. Pay attention. Catch them if you can ... if you dare.
The salt from tears, dripping in to the open wounds from this battle ... causing deeper pain ... causing silence to scream even louder.
Posted by The Beauty at 8:08 AM
Monday, August 15, 2011
Ok, this post was inspired by my friend, Lynnette Kraft She has been known to post silly pictures & one of her posts inspired me to do the same. I'm going to try to post some candid shots all though some planned shots that didn't quite turn out the way we thought will definitely be in the mix.
That's his "I'm really tired and upset that you won't give me a cookie" look.
Trying to catch her mid-giggle
We call that his "whatchu talkin' bout Willis" look
Candid shot of our girls dancing & singing with their friends, at our karaoke party
And last ... but not least ... and certainly the most entertaining ...
drum roll please ...
Our oldest daughter was taking the picture & didn't realize her sister was in mid yawn LOL
I would challenge you to post your own candid, silly and not so perfect pictures too!
(And if you do so, please let me know by posting a link to your blog in the comments of this post)
Posted by The Beauty at 4:25 AM
Sunday, August 14, 2011
I had the opportunity to review "Secrets of Choosing a Family Vacation" ebook from http://www.excellent-vacation-ideas.com
It's packed with some fairly simple ideas, however I find those to be among the ones forgotten. I really liked how the information was broken in to categories. All in all I thought the book as well as the web site was set up with easy navigation and I enjoyed checking it out!
If you're looking to for vacation ideas, I'd encourage you to get your own copy of the book!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Posted by The Beauty at 3:01 AM