Resolution - a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to dosomething.
I don't normally make resolutions. The thought of them has always plagued me with worry. I stress about the littlest things when it comes to committing to change. I've come up with a plan for myself .. I changed my idea of what my resolutions should be. I'm not sure I can really explain my thoughts or reasons for the change ... but for me, they don't overwhelm me & flow in to changes I feel are important.
1) Spend more time with my Heavenly Father. By this I don't mean reading the Word more (all though that's in the plans too) or praying ... I mean ... just sitting with Him, calm and still ... quietly admiring His creations. "Be still and know that I am God" comes to mind.
2) No more buying from corporate bullies who move their jobs to different countries. If it's not made in America, I don't need it!!! In my hunt for gifts and items for myself or household, I will be looking to my friends who have home businesses. I believe in you, your product & want to do everything I can to help you succeed! (So, if you have a blog, website etc showing your products or services, plesase send it to me)
3) Making healthier choices - not just with food, but in friends, acquaintances, committing to do things etc. I want my body healthy in the New Year but also my mind & soul..
4) "Stir up the gift of God which is in you" ... a beautiful piece I won in a GiveAway. I will strive to spend more time doing just that. I will spend more time feeding the creativity that God placed deep in my heart. I will write, sing, paint ... and take photos. I use the gifts he hjas given me to teach my children to use their gifts. I look forward to a creative year!
5) Take time to recognize the blessings & gifts in my life ... every day. It may not come as a FB post or even a word spoken outloud ... but I will be thankful!
6) Stop second guessing myself ... when I have a gut feeling to not go forward with something or someone, I need to stop talking myself out of it. That instinct is there for a reason!
7) Health - yep, you knew it was coming. This is a priority for me. I have been doing good on my journey to lose weight ... but I know I can (and should) do more. My goal is not weight loss (though that is a perk) ... it's to be healthy ... eat healthy, get the proper amount of sleep, have a strong immune system etc. I get in a good routine & then stumble. I want the stumbling to happen less & less this year!